A resident for over 30 years, Michael Glaspie believes there is no better place than Arlington to live, work and raise a family. The father of three adult children, he recognizes the importance of public education—and how it contributes to our community’s quality of life and economic prosperity. Having served in combat in Vietnam, he knows that our American way of life is to be valued and protected. Michael leads by asking for input and building a consensus. Your opinion about Arlington today for the future is important to him.
Michael’s public service record speaks to his commitment to the greater Arlington community.
Current Boards & Activities
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee
- Arlington Clergy and Police Partnership – Charter Member
- Arlington New Beginnings – Chair
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Southern Bible Institute – Secretary
- Tarrant Appraisal District
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital – Vice Chair
Past Organizations & Activities
- Dallas Baptist University – Adjunct Professor
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
- Arlington Chamber Foundation – President
- Arlington Charities
- Arlington Ethics Review Commission
- Arlington Human Service Planners – Executive Committee
- Arlington ISD Education Foundation
- Champion Arlington Task Force
- Downtown Arlington Management Corporation
- Goodwill Games Assessment Committee
- Greater Tarrant County United Way Marketing Committee
- Kiwanis Club
- Leadership Arlington
- Pastor of the Day – Texas House of Representatives
- Tarrant County Grand Jury Commissioner
- Tarrant County Senior Citizens Services – Secretary/Executive Committee
- Tarrant County Youth Collaboration Board
University of Texas at Arlington – Dean of Science Search Committee
This is a picture that Michael had done for his mother while he was in Vietnam.
Michael served in the U.S. Army and is a decorated Vietnam combat veteran. He received his Battalion Spirit of Honor Award and many medals for valor in combat.
Currently Michael serves as Minister of Christian Education & Community Outreach, Mt. Olive Baptist Church.Here is an overview of his business experience.
International Business Machines (IBM)—
21-year career in marketing and marketing management. Developed information technology solutions in multiple industries and varied client sets. These solutions spanned such diverse industries as the public sector, education, finance, manufacturing, process and health.
Mount Olive Baptist Church Federal Credit Union—Managed the church’s credit union, a financial ministry for its members. Today it is ranked as the 6th fastest growing CU in the U.S.
Metro Charter Academy (MCA) —For several years, as Executive Director, he implemented innovative programs such as TEEM (Texas Early Education Model), an early childhood learning project, and Reasoning Mind, a creative technology centered curriculum that tailors itself to individual learning needs. He left the academy in 2006.
Michael’s academic credentials are exceptional.
- BA (Mathematics) – University of Texas/Austin
- MBA (Marketing/Finance) – University of Texas/Austin
- BA (Biblical Studies) – Southern Bible Institute
- (Graduate work in Biblical Studies) – Dallas Baptist University
- MA (Religion) – B. H. Carroll Theological Institute
His family is his pride and joy.
- Married to Janice McCullough Glaspie
- Together, they have three children, daughter Tamara and sons Michael, Jr. & Marcus
- The Glaspie family are all native Texans (and proud Longhorn fans!)
- Resident of Arlington for over 30 years